Monday 18 March 2013

Welcome to Monday

My blog did indeed reach 500 views yesterday. I would like to thank you all for taking the time to click on my page and have a read.

Today I had a chat with someone I know, we went to primary school together and the same university for a while and he asked me - how many people do you think would turn up to a school reunion? He said that whoever organised it would probably be quite disappointed and predicted a poor outcome. I have to say I agree because from primary school, a lot of people are lost in the mix of secondary schools. It is quite hard to keep track of everyone you used to know, especially being quite young at the time. Yes, Facebook does make this a lot easier but I think it's quite safe to say that I have people from my primary school on my friends list but I haven't spoken with them. Mainly because I would have no clue to how to start a conversation with someone after 10 years to have a quick catch up. There's a lot of ground to cover in 10 years. Despite all of this, I would say I would be up for going to a reunion. It would be nice to see everyone again and grown up and all of the old teachers.


I love reading. It is one of my main hobbies and most likely the reason I've always wanted to write my own book. This picture is of one of my bookshelves which is cluttered with other stuff but it was the most full so I picked that to show you. Through Darren Shan I have also discovered a love of horror books which has lead me into horror films. I also thank his books for helping me make a friend as I discussed his books with said friend as he also enjoyed them. All of the turned around books are by Stephen King who is often considered the 'king' of written horror. Every book shop I go into has a shelf devoted to him. I also enjoy science fiction and fantasy books. I have read all the Harry Potter's which have so much more in them than the films but I'll let that go. I have read the Twilight Saga as well - I know, shock horror. Once again, they are better than the films. The reason I started talking about books is because I wanted to ask about eReaders. They are very good and hold a lot of books but they don't feel right to me. I value holding a book in my hand and reading the pages rather than spending even more time staring at a screen. If someone offered a Kindle Fire HD I would kindly take it from them but I still think I would prefer to read a book. I'm going to tinker with the page and see if I can add a poll or something on the side so let me know if you prefer a book or an eReader.


I thought I would swing away from a cat picture today and post this picture of my recently deceased rabbit. You can see from the glaze in his eye that he was blind. Despite that he knew his way around his little custom built hutch probably better than you know you way around your home. Although I have found I can walk around quite safely in the dark until something is out of place. He is know at the back of our garden in bunny heaven, because that place is real you know. Was kind of hoping he could hop into the Guinness Book of World Records for being the oldest bunny a live. Needed another couple of years to get close but it would have been nice. Turns out vets can work out the exact age of your bunny - clever sods.

Thanks for taking the time to read today's post. Leave your response in a comment and participate in the poll on the left (if I get it to work). Blog ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment