Sunday 24 March 2013

Weekend Weekend Weekend

I've never understood why the weekend is called the weekend. For a lot of businesses the week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Just a thought.

So my friend suggested to me to do a top five in terms of my favourite games. I think it's quite safe to say I've played a lot of games in my life time so narrowing it down to five is pretty challenging. I have managed to get five into my head so they'll be the ones I go for, they aren't in any particular order so these are just my favourite five out of them all. Ignore the numbers, they're just there for order. I'll also try to include all the trailers for each game so you can see what they are like if you are interested.

1. Dark Souls
I've spoke about Dark Souls quite a bit, discretely in my other posts. It is probably the hardest game that I've ever played so it was quite a challenge to get into it. It has complete free roam so you can do whatever you want, whenever you want and however you want. The storyline makes sense and even has optional changes depending on how you want to shape your character. It was also a very challenging game to 100% in terms of achievements but I loved doing them all. They are clever as they also showed you all the different aspects of the game once you've worked them out. That's the biggest flaw, it's not very beginner friendly. You will almost definitely need to look things up to have any clue as to what you are doing. They have also announced a sequel which should be out this year which I am really looking forward to. 



2. Call of Duty: World at War
This was my second Call of Duty game and my favourite of them all. It was the first one with more realistic content in terms of war play. Yes, there was overpowered stuff and things which everyone will always complain about but that's why I loved it. It was also the first CoD with zombies which has really taken off and it possibly one of the best features of Treyarch's version of the game. I have unfortunately gotten rid of it a while ago because barely anyone plays it any more. It's not so much fun playing against the same couple of people every game. The campaign was  brilliant but very frustrating, usually being referred to as the one with grenade spam. 



3. Borderlands 2
It's just so awesome. I never got the first one when it first came out even though I wanted to. I then managed to get it for £15 when it was released as the game of the year edition with all of the downloadable content. Borderlands 2 then came out and I had to wait a while before I got that but since I have, I've loved every second of it. Gearbox released some crazy statistics about the guns, about 2 billion different ones had been generated. Every single gun is slightly different if it is in terms of damage, ammo, accuracy and the rest of it. There are so many bosses and everything is available to do in cooperative so it's always different. There might even be a Borderlands 3 so I would love to see where that goes.



4. Final Fantasy 10
Number ten I hear you say? How can you pick one of them when there are probably about 20 different games? I spent many many hours on this game at my friends house whose idea this top five was. Now we were no experts on this game, but there was so much to it that you had no idea about until you really looked. It's like there was the normal storyline (which was amazing and moving) which you average player would complete and be content with. There is an entirely extra side to the game with enemies which are near impossible to beat. It is also a turn based game which I really like. The two different levelling systems were very well explained and also encourage you to reply the game again so you can remodel your characters. This was before the time of achievements so you could create your own goals which made it feel more satisfying when you beat them.
(Couldn't find an official trailer for this)



5. Ratchet and Clank
See, I couldn't pick a single game out of the series because I spent ages on each game. I must have completed each about 10 times over before I moved on to another game. I never got to play the PS3 game as I don't have one which I was slightly gutted about. There was something about it which was so much fun. I played endlessly even though I knew basically every little nook and cranny. I think I would probably enjoy the storyline a whole lot more if I went back to it now because I would understand it a whole lot better. All the old ones which I played were on the PS2 so I am not sure if they are still about to play. I would assume the PS3 version is just as good so give that a try.
(This is the trailer for the 5th game on the PS3 I think so I have no idea about this one..)



So these are my personal top five. Some more modern and some from my childhood which I still think - I would love to play that again. I would love Square Enix to remake FFX again for a new console with achievements and all that jazz. So if my some chance you are reading this Square Enix and looking for a complete strangers idea for a game - there you go! 

I went to Maidstone yesterday - Saturday depending when you are reading this. I decided to get rid of some of my old games which were just sitting collecting dust. I then got Black Ops 2 finally, Dance Central 2 and the first paranormal activity. Just need the fourth one then I've got them all. It's nice to be able to trade in all your old stuff to walk away with something new and shiny. It's just strange how the value really quickly diminishes on things such as DVDs and games. Guess it depends how much you really want something, a new release DVD will set you back £10. Wait a couple of months and you'll see it for £3 and then kick yourself for spending so much in the first place. 


Close to the end of the post - as you can tell by the picture of my cat. Again. Sorry, the internet loves animals. This one shows a picture of him getting rather excited by his dinner - a sausage. He's always fussing for food and then half the time he doesn't even eat it. The liberty!

Thanks for reading today, hope you have had a nice weekend. Shall blog you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment