Wednesday 6 March 2013

Kinect gaming, new drawing and other stuff

Me and pixelamy wanted to get a Kinect to try and be a bit healthier so we set about researching how much we should expect to pay for one then split it down the middle. Second hand we were looking at about £80, new was about £110. Luckily, we had a look on Gumtree and someone was selling one for £25! We instantly assumed that there must have been something wrong with it and after inquiring  it turns out that the owner had just forgot to sell it when he got rid of his Xbox 360. It was still in its box, barely used and he even said he would refund is if it stopped working, and it was in driving distance. So we headed over there, paid and it has been working perfectly since.

For those of you that read my post yesterday, I mentioned that I was at a friends house on the weekend. A couple of months ago I got a text from him saying he was board so we offered to take the Kinect round to his to give it a try. Now we have a Kinect night every couple of weekends and it's really fun. At the moment we have Kinect Sports 1 and 2 and Kinect Adventures (which cost a whopping £1.50 from CeX..) which all work really well with the sensor. The sports games are definitely the best, turns out I'm terrible at bowling. The other two were really good and are both left handed so I'm sensing a little bias there.. Competitive tennis and table tennis is good but every now and then you get a little slap from you opponent from an over aggressive swing.


* * * * *

So I have got my old laptop out. I haven't used it in a couple of years so I knew there would be a lot of updates from windows for it to catch up on. I just really didn't there would be this many! Especially as there really doesn't seem to be any difference to windows at all. With 91 updates to do, I really would have thought I would have noticed something. I also would have hoped that it would have solved the problem with the outlook calender which used up to 50% of the CPU. This must be one kick ass calender that is already planning your life out before you even know about it. All of these updates took about 3 hours including configuration upon rebooting it. It did make a fun guessing game for the time trying to guess which update it was on. Glad that they are all done now though because I can use it without having to wait 3 hours!



* * * * *

I've mention my cat before. He's pretty normal for a cat apart from his choice of sleeping position. He likes to sleep in places where he will get really dirty and then expect to come straight in the house. Like for today for example - his choice was on an old piece of polystyrene. We used the polystyrene to cover the rabbit hutch so that snow wouldn't get in. As he is a black cat he looked like someone had flicked white paint all up one side of him. I know this picture doesn't show a lot of it but it was all up his back legs and over his face. Unfortunately when I opened the door to get this picture he managed to sneak in and get it everywhere. That was not so much fun to clean up. He is also one of the only cats I know that will walk on the paving slabs down the middle of the garden. Any other cat that ends up in the garden walks everywhere. Then again, he eats a lot of grass so maybe he doesn't like to walk on his food.


* * * * *

Last thing, I've also started another drawing. I've chosen to do the Legionary Suit from Dead Space 3. I'll leave the link to it below if you'd like to see. It'll probably be a 10 hour drawing so it should be up in the next 1-2 weeks depending how often I'm in the mood to put pen to paper.
Legionary Suit - Dead Space 3 on Creative Uncut

Thanks for reading! Leave me some comments about something you would like me to talk about. Share in any way you can, helps me out a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment