Wednesday 13 March 2013

Aspirations and stuff

Have you ever really wanted to do something, but when it actually came to doing it - you have no clue or it isn't possible. Me for instance, I've always wanted to be able to walk in a book shop and pick up a book that has my name on it. Or have a shelf to myself like Stephen King does. Whenever I have come to actually write a book myself I just get half a page down and then spend an hour changing bits because I think they sound silly. Plus I don't think any ideas I've ever had have been good. Or the story line strong enough. Or the characters. Maybe its just I'm being too self critical or it's my way of saying - no, this isn't the right story for you. I'm hoping one day I will manage to get through an entire book that I wrote myself. A colleague of mine is half way through their book and I have massive amounts of respect for him for managing to get so far and still have everything going how he wanted it to.

Watched Breaking Dawn Part II today. It's so good. I don't care. The end is such an adrenalin rush, makes me want to watch it right now! I won't give anything away as some people may have been waiting for the DVD release but it is a really good end to the saga. I hate the music in the credits though, Christina Perry - A Thousand Years because it just makes me want to cry. I'm a massive girl you say? Listen to it and try hold back that feeling!
Christina Perry - A Thousand Years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cdygEzfbhqc

iPhone Screenshot 1
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/knights-of-pen-paper/id549248038?mt=8
So I have an iPhone 4 which some of you may have guessed or know. I never go on the app store unless there is an update for something I have. I thought I would have a browse on it today to find Angry Birds for free? Downloaded that as it's now free forever. Found another two games as well, Words and Knights of Pen and Paper. Words is a simple game where you find words.. I'll post about that one tomorrow. I wanted to post about Knights of Pen and Paper as 8 bit RPG's seem to be the taste of my apps right now. Now at first it sounds boring I must admit. The idea of the game play is that the game is entirely fictional. The team you control are in a room sitting at a table as the game master designs the scenario who sits across from you. Your team then plays along to fight enemies. It has an interesting mechanic which I don't think I've seen before to set the difficulty. Games will easy have easy, medium and hard but this game allows you to choose the number of enemies you face at once. It's clever as it lets you create your own difficulty with benefits for making it harder like more experience etc. You also hire more members of your team and then choose their role playing class as well as their real life job which determines attributes and skills that they have. The animations are good and simple, the art is amazing and colorful  The music really suits it and its quite fun to play. The character interactions are good as well in terms of conversations and explanations while all the while reminding you - it's all happening through pen and paper.
Here are the links to the app page and the developers website.
iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/knights-of-pen-paper/id549248038?mt=8
Behold Studios
http://beholdstudios.com.br/#


With the recent snowy weather I thought I should include a picture from it. These little things are my cats frozen footprints which I thought were pretty cool. Well.. I assume them to be but there are only two so I'm not sure how he was walking. He has his ways.

I also added an RSS feed to my page, it should be on the left hand side. I'm not 100% sure how it works but as far as I know it will notify you every time I post or a comment is made depending which you choose. This way if you want to know every time I post something - BOOM. You can. Yeah.

Hope you enjoyed this. Send me some ideas for topics you would like covered! Blog ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment