Wednesday 26 November 2014

I don't Understand

I don't understand a lot of things around me. I don't think you're ever really supposed to. I really like knowing things, it is always interesting when you find out how something works. Like with my job for example, I work in ICT and computers are pretty dang complicated. I think I can safely say that I learn something new everyday due to the sheer volume of things there are to know. I was always told at school that you would learn something new everyday - if it sticks is another question all together.

So, something that Amy showed me today was one of the Strange News posts on Sky News. Out of all of my news sources, this section is probably my go to because I like the idea that someone at Sky is told to go and find something weird and write about it. And they get paid. For example, this one:
http://news.sky.com/story/1380808/ten-celebrities-who-have-insured-body-parts

It is an article listing how much money celebs body parts have somehow been insured for. This one, on the I don't understand scale, is about a 5 out of 10. I get that these people have insured the tool of their trade so to say but if something were to happen, no amount of money would be able to replace it. If Ronaldo lost a leg, money would provide a prosthetic and rehabilitation but he would never get that same feeling playing football again. It would be familiar but I would assume it wouldn't ever be what he remembered. And I don't think a cash payout would make you feel better about it. I also don't understand who agrees to this absurd insurance claim! If I go to comparethemarket or gocompare, I do not see a section of insuring body parts. Perks of being rich I guess?

Something more sensible which blows my mind would have to be the universe. I get the idea of it, but if you ever just sit and try and contemplate the overall idea of it, it makes me feel confused. Baffled. We are really, tiny organisms on a tiny floating rock floating around a tiny ball of ignited gas in a vacuum surrounded by literally nothing. And maybe the odd other rock, gas ball, fire ball. The fact this has all come from somewhere doesn't make sense. We have the evidence to prove it but that still doesn't fill in the why gap; which is why a lot of people point to a God. And as illogical the idea is of an overall omnipotent being that can bend the laws of nature and physics, it might be one of the only logical explanations as to why we are here. Personally, religion doesn't float my boat per se, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. An easy 8 on the scale of not understanding.


And awesome pic. Get in Google images eh?

So do I have a 10? A 10 of not understanding. Something I can't get my head around. Yes. Yes, I do. Some of you may be glad because that might seem like a lot of build up for nothing overall.

The idea of consciousness to me is the main thing I don't understand. The fact that i am sitting here able to tell myself I know what I am doing, to physically think my fingers into pressing this series of keys to make something that I have told myself makes sense and has meaning. If I sit and think about it, I honestly loose track of myself and have a blank mind. We enjoy being conscious, we do things with people. What I want to know is well I have ever this feeling again once I go? And would I even know? I could be one my 9th live right now I wouldn't know any different. I would just be plodding along with my Blog none the wiser saying this.. Maybe it is fate.

Blows. My. Mind.

Day 512
I haven't used a film poster in a while so I thought I would chuck this one in as a quite like it. We have booked into to see this on Friday, it'll be on the big screen at Cineworld Rochester which will be awesome, it is a great screen. I am really looking forward to it, it's an all star cast and they new additions are only going to do it justice. Plus they kept Jennifer Aniston, having grown up with Friends, anything with her in is like an instant win with me.


I will give you my verdict after the images have been digested by my eye balls - possibly on Sunday.

Of course, more Jungle today. Apparently, a murderer escape from a nearby prison, I couldn't find an article for the life of me to share with you. I wonder if they told them.. I don't think that would be the type of thing that you would want to share with them anyway. They already sleep with one eye open to check for crawlies let alone anything else!

Honestly, for me, I am getting a bit annoyed with Kendra constantly being voted in for the trials. Don't get me wrong, they are doing her the world of good in terms of her fears and confidence, but at the same time it would be nice to see someone else do it. There are 10 people after all. The designers of the trials must be well chuffed, especially the catacombs one. She didn't fancy it, I probably wouldn't either, but we'll never know what was further along. The designers work doesn't get shown off! I don't really know why she is getting all the votes but.. That's the way the game.

Blog you lovely people later.

No comments:

Post a Comment