Sunday 2 November 2014

Some Changes.. And Borderlands

Hello hello hello. Yes, I know what some of you may be thinking - this post hasn't got the day number against it. That's right. I am feeling somewhat guilty about my blog, I always wanted it to be a hobby but sometimes I just pop up a picture and move along. Sometimes that is all I can manage if it has been an uneventful day or I am knackered. But I would like to continue the daily pictures and then upload in between - like this one - about other stuff and bits and bobs.

Something else you may have noticed is the new format that has appeared. I have switched the template to a dynamic view which has some ready formatted HTML stuff for animations and more interesting layouts. By animations I mean.. If you get to the bottom of a post.. You'll see the Twitter and Facebook icons expand and show a count. The different layouts are listed along the top, I like the classic one myself as it is simple. You can freely switch between them all at your hearts content if there is another that you prefer. The other bits and bobs are now shown in the black bar on the right hand side of the screen. Pop your mouse over them and they will expand.

I am also planning to get more into YouTube, see if I can find the time and confidence to voice record as well as play. I think I will start out with post commentating as I am assuming that is easier to get into. Guess being the operative word. I just need to work out how to get things to render better on the Mac as at the moment.. I am using iMovie 9 as in 10, for some reason, they thought it would be a great idea to remove the feature which allowed you to 'snip' clips to break them up. Unless there has been an update since then, you basically have to work with the raw footage and hope you didn't leave massive interludes on the ends!

By the way, I did upload a video a while ago to test the quality of the capture card. It was a simple video, just me having a legendary engram decoded on Destiny. Here it is if you haven't seen it. Let me know what you think and stuff. Yeah.


I think I will need to learn some HTML. I had to input this video using HTML embedding because I use a different email account for blogger.. And for YouTube. So when I go to insert the video, you can either search it using a less than optimised YouTube search - where I have a small unknown channel it is impossible to add the video. Or, you can use the tab labelled my videos - obviously there are none. As they are on another channel. I guess I will YouTube HTML guides.

So, I wanted to talk about Borderlands: The Pre Sequel as I have been playing that as of late. So far, I cannot find any problems with it. I am doing my first play through with Claptrap because why not? When you try to start the game as him.. They keep asking you if you are sure. You have to say yes a total for 4 times I think it was before they'll let you start the game which I enjoyed very much. His skill trees are very interesting, I only really noticed the importance of picking these when playing through the second game as they can completely change how the character plays.


Not that you can see what the skills are.. But Claptrap has a lot of give and take in his skill tree. The first and third give a lot of bonuses which come at a penalty. The second has a lot of skills which are focused on giving bonuses to yourself and team mates. I don't play online too much so it doesn't hold too much interest with myself. I am currently working through the third skill tree, this gives things called fragstacks which give you bonuses such as more damage with one weapon class which gives a damage reduction to others.. Encourages diversity. The shield fragstack is crazy, your shield literally cannot deplete while its active. It causes the recharge rate to sky rocket! The best part about Claptrap is his ability called vaulthunter.exe which basically allows him to mimic other characters and also some special ones. I have just unlocked One Shot Wonder I think. Unloads the entire clip in one bullet for huge damage! And also you get a cowboy hat. By the way - you can find interactive skill trees for all the characters on the Borderlands website which is awesome - which you can find here.

In terms of a gameplay, they have added in a couple of extra bits as they always do. The biggest addition for me is the zero gravity in general because.. It is literally everywhere. I must say, I went from playing Borderlands to Destiny and it made the character feel so heavy on Destiny because you are now so floaty. The addition of the zero gravity also brings along the new equipment in the Oz kit which gives you oxygen - which makes no different to Claptrap as he cant suffocate. It also gives you the slam ability which by the looks of it later in the game with the better kit can do some crazy things.


The setting of the game being on the moon is so atmospheric, because it gives you so many different gameplay features other than the zero gravity. For example, you can smash an enemies helmet which then causes them to choke over time until the helmet is restored. As you can see from the picture above, also taken from the games website, you get the constant aurora borealis or Northern Lights. It makes a rather nice backdrop to blow stuff up.

I am also very fond of the new laser type weapons and ice elemental. The game being a sequel to the first and obviously.. Pre sequel to the second; they have cleverly worked in side missions which explained why they were not in Borderlands 2. Mainly because Mr Torgue hates them as they don't go bang. I think they held off adding the ice type weaponry until this game because of the mechanic regarding dropping frozen enemies and they smash. The Oz kit allow enemies to float around so naturally, if you freeze them they will fall. And smash or take a large amount of damage. There wouldn't have been as much opportunity to show off this mechanic in the second game.

Over all, I would highly recommend this game. It is heaps of fun, always has plenty of replay value thanks to the four characters. If you're anything like me - you want to hunt all the legendaries and signature weapons. That for me added hours upon hours of farming in Borderlands 2.

Thanks for reading, please leave me a comment if you so fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment