Thursday 13 November 2014

On This Day I Give You Ties

I actually sat myself in front of the computer today and started of learning HTML today. It is quite simple but confusing at the same time. It is basically just the language that the internet browser recognises and then converts into what we enjoy. Blogger actually has the option to write in HTML but when I just had a look at it.. It doesn't look the same but I guess it does depend what environment you are working in. I have found the following site which I am using:
http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/web
Best part is that it is free and it teaches basic HTML and also CSS. I've got a notepad out and everything. The only thing is, it has been a long time since I actually sat and wrote something properly as in notes - my handwriting is all over the place! Obviously I can make sense of it because it is mine but I should probably keep writing or I'll loose the ability.

The thing I don't really understand at the moment is.. I write the HTML code. The browser recognises it and shows us. At a lower level, the system has been told how to recognise it and what commands mean what.. And at a lower level is is told how to do that as well.. It just keeps going down to the binary. But then how does that make sense of anything!? Shows how little I know I guess.

So, I have watched a lot of SAO recently. I am slightly confused as to where the second series (from what I understand to be the second series) went. You head off into another online game where people are captured and stuff gets a little bit inappropriate. By that, I mean stuff that is getting towards the 18+ side of the spectrum, especially as the characters in this are around about 17. Luckily it didn't ever get that far because I wouldn't have really wanted to carry on watching it. I am nearly finished with this as to what is on Netflix so I guess I will be looking for something new to watch. Might watch some films until I find something new - if I can find something on Netflix. I won't hold my breath.

Day 500
Another milestone in my random ramblings of the internet. Aren't you excited? Someone I work with gave a new tie rack because I have quite a few ties. I have never actually checked how many and I thought today would be as good a day as any because I would need to sort them all out onto the old and new racks. So here - here is the collection all 43 that I could find. I know for a fact one is missing but I can't prove it so officially we will go with 43. I think I have shocked myself let alone anyone else. Now I have to organise them all as they are pretty much stopping me sleeping right now..


This collection includes, four seasonal ties (all Christmas which play music), two happy face ties, four ties picturing cartoon characters, a 4-in-1 tie, numerous block colours and all many patterns you would expect to find in your Nan's house.

I'll leave it here for now.. Time to organise.

No comments:

Post a Comment