Sunday 16 November 2014

Welcome to the Weekend

Hello there Internet, I come to you now whilst watching the first in the new series of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! I will be honest, of all the people I only really know Tinchy.. The one from TOWIE because she is so annoying and Kendra as Amy has recently watched her TV series. It is strange how you can get the feel for the people who you are going to really like or just.. Hate. For example.. Gemma. Just no. Please.

I really don't know how I would cope out there because watching it you sit there and think "yeah I could do that." But you really don't know if you could, for instance I am really scared of heights so the zip wire they did in to the dark would have probably done it for me. Or the sky dive. I think I would have to just know that they wouldn't let you do anything life threatening and hopefully man up. So much easier to say this sitting behind a computer screen mind you.

So, I thought I would give you some quick updates about some stats in relation to my Blog. For example, my views have just edged over the 17,000 mark today! This month, November 2014, is also set to be my best month ever for views. I have already beaten my last best and there is still a couple of weeks left of this month so who knows where it will peak?


Another one is the stats for my Google Plus page which is surprising me as well. I would have assumed that I would have even less views on that page but somehow - I have over 44,000. I really don't have any idea why because it doesn't show you the stats for where it the views came from. My Blog primarily gets views from Facebook and Twitter as that is where I initially share it. Now I have started posting fully, I am getting more traffic from Google. Which I am impressed by. Hope it keeps on going.


So all of the three pictures are actually from the weekend, and by that, I mean there isn't one from Friday. Mainly because we did more bits and bobs and I think the pictures are much more interesting to look at.

Day 501
The first picture is courtesy of a Mr James Cole who was around on Saturday as we had a fireworks display as my brother was/is up for the weekend from university. They actually managed to find a fireworks shop that was still open even though it was a little past the usual date. Apparently it was a barn on a farm? And they got a pretty hefty box full with some rockets, noisy ones and big ones. The largest had about 49 shots I am pretty sure. One of the Catherine Wheels fell off of the nail on the fence and nearly set the bonfire off.. Which would have been pretty awesome in all honesty. One of the rockets flew over the house so we couldn't see it but we did hear it go bang. Mr Cole has a nice camera with an adjustable shutter and all that jazz, so he could capture lovely shots like this.


Day 502
We had also been shopping that day to Asda. Amy got a new hat for the Christmas time and I think it is safe to say - it is pretty awesome. Pudding on her head. I even got out my ol' winter coat that I have had since I was in Sixth Form. I wanted a coat that was big enough to fit over my blazer and it has lasted a very long time. From Blu Inc which I don't even think is open anymore.. If it is I haven't seen one in a very long time.

We had a BBQ. Yes, a BBQ this time of year. We got some tin trays and cooked up some onions and a lot of hot dogs. And by a lot I mean about 60 which were a mix of the normal stuff and also chicken ones. I didn't know they even made chicken hot dogs but they were pretty good. My hair is a little bit funky in this picture which I didn't notice until now.. This was also from Mr Cole's camera but I think someone else was using it at the time. It was yesterday and I can already cannot remember. 

We moved inside and luckily.. The Cards vs. Humanity box was sitting there just in view of some people who knew what it was.. So we had a nice big game of that. There were 10 of us so we split into five teams of two. Me and Amy won which technically means we are discretely quite horrible.


Day 503
This last picture is for the Isaac fans out there. I won my first play-through as Eden today on this seed. It was a real shame because I started with a really bad random stat gen for Eden. I hate minimum tears and damage so it started out as a bit of a struggle.. But the first floor I got the wafer and the pentagram which beefed me up a bit. Another two damage upgrades on the next two floors really put me on my way. Just goes to show that it is always worth giving it a try. I wanted to share this seed as it makes for a nice easy one to play through if you want to just jump on and not go for any unlocks and stuff.


You can also see the items I got below, such as the mask which can block tears heading towards you. The Gnawed Clover was a new one to me as well, turns out that one makes you invincible if you just stand still. You obviously can't fire or anything like that but I find it useful for rooms with the bomb turrets as they'll eventually clear the room for you.

So I am currently using the Apple TV to extend the desktop so I can watch videos at the same time as Blogging. I am now watching the third series of SAO, I am not too sure why they keep the same name as it is nothing to do with that anymore. It has now moved onto Gun Gale Online or GGO for short. This one is better than the second series in my opinion, the story is a lot better and the new world is really impressive in terms of the overall design and stuff. I think I am going to like this series, it is all with English subs as well so I get the proper lip synching which usually goes array when watching the dubbed versions.

Here is a picture of my Blogging, thanks to Amy for this one. I am actually sitting on the bed right now but it has the same effect.


Don't I look fancy?

Another gent that was at the fireworks has recently been learning HTML, HTML5 CSS and other bits. Here is his website, it shows your the tools that he has used to self teach.

I also have a treat for you - some slow motion fireworks! Because why not? If you email a slow motion video in an email on your iPhone it keeps the slow mo effect. If you directly upload it, you loose it. Amy taught me that.


As always, thank you for reading! Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment