Monday 3 November 2014

Memory Lane

Day 490
Good evening people of the internet.

I took a stroll down memory lane today, now I am back to Blogging on the Mac.. I actually look at my Google+ account. Where I was sharing from my phone, it wasn't sharing automatically on there so.. The posts on there have a massive gap from around the end of 2013 to recently. And it was strange. I looked back at my old posts and my writing style has changed.. My life has really. New job and new experiences. It is very enjoyable though to look back and see the things I used to. Came across one about my aspirations which was to write a book. I feel ashamed to say I still haven't really come any closer to that. It is still a wisp of smoke I am trying to catch. I guess I should get on that.. Actually try again.

But this glimpse back also reminds me of one of the reasons I started doing this. So I can look back, I can look at the pictures and words and remember things so much easier. I honestly don't have the best memory so for me, its like a big trigger book. These things set of my brain; I would recommend it. Who knows, you might just end up enjoying it!

Tangent.

So, hottest Halloween ever recorded? And now today, it's back to what we expect. I hate the feeling of walking out of your house into the cold.. And then as soon as you sit in the car, the shirt lays flat on your back and is ice cold. And you don't really have a choice but to lean into it to warm it up otherwise you'll be very uncomfortable driving. My car doesn't have climate control and all that jazz so the heater is either on or off. On for too long - moving sauna. Got in the car this evening, nearly covered in frost! Here we go again.

So this section here will be todays daily picture. I will pop it in here because everything after will be stuff about games. Not to everyones taste so this way people can stop here. Or you can read on. Its all good.

I have posted a couple of pictures of my Dad's loom creations on here before, they go down very well with everyone because they are elastic artwork at the end of the day. I always got asked at work - when is he going to make a loom tie? And I always answered I don't know because it would take a lot of elastic bands. Well. It happened. The picture you see is of my colleague rather nicely modelling the tie, we all agreed that under his collar it actually looked pretty good. The colours are the way they are because he used up all the ones he generally doesn't use. As he generally makes animals and stuff, the multicoloured ones just sit there waiting, as with the purple ones. Some of you may recognise him as I have popped a picture of him on here before. He is always up for some publicity.


Right now, well, after this I am going to watch the new episode of The Walking Dead. Another reason why Baxter makes it on here because he is the only other person I know who is watching this series and is up to date! I watch it and then have no one to talk to without giving away huge spoilers!

Recently, I have been watching a lot of a YouTuber called FightinCowboy (FiGhTiNCoWBoY) as he has been uploading a lot of gameplay of Lords of the Fallen. I really wanted to get my hands on this game and then I found it was only on the next gen consoles so. The reviews have said it is a game that has taken its inspiration from Dark Souls which is quite easily my favourite gaming franchise. The gameplay of this new game has really caught my attention, the art style is excellent. It is dark and creepy and massive. The combat is very reminiscent of Dark Souls in that right from the get go, it is no walk in the park. The armour and weapons all allows for different play styles, replay-ability and also has NG+ for that extra challenge level. If I ever upgrade to next gen which I assume I will at some point, I will definitely be getting angry with this game. You're supposed to.


This here is a screen shot of actual gameplay from what I can tell. You are the character on the left, in this instance it looks like the build is a light armour, agility build which is comprised of fast attacks and high mobility, obviously loosing the heavy hitting and defensive side. The enemy on the right may be on of the larger generic enemies or one of the lords, which are like the bosses of the Dark Souls series. Some of them look even harder than Dark Souls as the majority are pattern based which always have some sort of opening for attack. They are relentless in this, you have to be able to take a hit and trade of and heal. I chose this picture as I though it showed off the environment of the game nicely as well.

I am quite excited for tomorrow. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is released. I have prepaid as you got 33% off being an owner of the first game, I've just preloaded it onto the Mac ready for when it goes live. I am actually so excited because it is on of the only PC games I've purchased and wanted to play. This one is only going to get better.

I thought I would quickly mention this news article as well:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29876839
I heard this on the way home from work today, and I was quite surprised because it is an interview from the lead developer of CoD which was obviously released today. It is discussing the online aggression towards women in the gaming industry and I thought it was really smart of him to give his opinion on the release day. As he is notorious for not generally doing interviews.. Actually doing one on possibly on of the biggest game releases of the year will help to bring this type of news in to the spotlight.

Thanks for reading guys. Blog you tomorrow - I used to close with that a lot..

No comments:

Post a Comment