Sunday 23 November 2014

One, Two, Three, Weekend

Oh dear. How's this happened then? I have been sick since Friday, not sick in the sense that I am bed bound and groaning. I am just groaning everywhere else. To be fair, I haven't been sick for a while so I guess I was due to a bout of something, this time it is a lovely runny nose, achey sinuses and for some reason very watery eyes. And some powerful sneezes, like.. My God. I could push a car with these. But oh well, I will battle on!

So other than feeling sorry for myself, what have I been up to? What do I feel like talking about? Well.. Keep reading. This is just a running monologue at the moment.

Friday night was lovely, watched some Gogglebox and have some pizza. They have one of them new systems where you call up and they associate your number to an address so you just tell them what you want and then wehey - pizza! Which is nice. But when you haven't ordered from there in a while you forget you don't need to tell them and it is a rather tense 30 minutes until the door nocks and there he is lovely handling your tea and next days lunch. Because that is what you are really buying with a pizza unless you can eat it all in one sitting.

Onto Saturday, quite a nice relaxed day. We watched Horrible Bosses as the second one has been advertised in the cinema, I wouldn't mind going to see that. I say that now and it will get to the time and I will probably completely forget or never get around to it.. But just incase you are also interested and haven't seen the trailer - tada!


Doesn't look like they are planning to kill anyone.. But are planning to actually do some sort of criminal activity.

I also bought a new game from a website that a friend recommended to me, it is www.gog.com - it sells a load of games really cheap. Obviously, timed offers so any ones I mention on here depending when you read this may not be there.. The one I bought was called Hammerwatch, it is sort of like The Binding of Isaac in the sense of its gameplay but has a set generation of maps. It is quite enjoyable, it was only £1.29 as well so that is even more of a bonus. I just had a look on there and at the moment there is a load of really good bundles depending on what you like. You get them DRM'd which means they are like.. Free content? As in.. You can download onto different devices multiple times. And you get some free games as well, I don't know if that is different for each person but they don't work on Mac. I could just jump over to the Windows side and download them there.. Of course, most of the games you get via this site can be then opened with Steam. Plus side.

Of course I have also been playing Isaac, I am not up to about 28 hours gameplay. It is so hard to get to the point where nearly every run is a win.. By that point you will have enough items that means you are almost guaranteed to get something good. And you have so much time behind you that the experience really helps. I have beaten Isaac twice, with Isaac and Cain. I really want to beat him with ??? or Blue Baby depending on your preference because that unlocks the ol' D6 and hopefully much more potential for new items. And I got wrecked on The Purist. Of course.

By the way, if you want some good runs.. Watch some streams. Get the code of their run and have fun. I don't know how they work in terms of.. The items that are generated. If you haven't unlocked them do you still get to use them for the run? Someone knows. Not me.

Day 507
Lets get some pictures up in here shall we? This first one is of me, with the two Stitches. At this point. I think it was Friday night and we were watching some ITV player catching up with the shenanigans of the Jungle. I am actually quite enjoying it this year, I have tried to watch it before but was quite half assed about it. Not missed one yet so far! Today's live trial was quite impressive, especially as he got all ten and he didn't really seem too bothered about it. Best way to do it I guess, just blank it out and then freak out afterwards!


This is also before I was feeling ill ill.. Friday was sort of just a sniffle.

Day 508
And this next picture takes us nicely round to Saturday night. Had some lovely pork chops, getting better at cooking them now I must say. We also tried some of the below with our tea, accompanied by some Strictly, and Steve bless him was not suited to that dance he did for anyone that watched. Although, you will probably have seen previously that he has had something ridiculous like 13 surgeries on his ankle? Moving away from the picture but.. Throwing in my random knowledge. I didn't like it. I don't like peaches are apricots anyway, but I don't mind them as flavours for some sparkling water hence why I thought I could give this a try. It was Amy's really but my strawberry and lime was cooling in the fridge at this point in time. I have this odd reaction to drinks that I don't like where I sort of shudder.. I don't really know how to describe it. But I shudder.


Day 509
Which brings us around to today. The only thing that really annoys me about Christmas is that every shop you go to will be busy, and it is so annoying. I felt a bit more under the weather, it was raining hard and the car park at Sainsbury's was a cluster bomb of cars. The problem is, is that people will sit with their hazards on in the middle of the road even when there isn't a space available or anyone moving out of one. They wait until there is one. And then people block roads to get a space.. Meaning the person in the space can't actually get out anyway.. What does this picture have to do with Sainsbury's? We went there to get tea and some butter. Stalk butter, proper baking one. This is one of the American Funfetti things we bought back from America, it makes this really really light and fluffy cakes that have little bits of colour scattered in them. They are so nice. Then they have the associated icing on top with decor. So good.


 The box said 24 which we thought was a bit much but as you can see it definitely did! You have to put more mix than you would usually expect in and the rise up and out of the cases and you can literally watch them do it before your eyes. I enjoyed it. Even though at this point I was sitting at the table trying not to blow everything away.

Tea was good. So good. Beef and tomato burgers, which we put together with slices of chorizo and melted cheese. They were so good. I would recommend any of the Sainsbury's Taste the Different burgers to anyone! We originally went looking for the ones with chorizo already in but they were all out so we compromised. They have venison burgers as well which.. Might be nice? We don't really like the look of them, the meat is really dark. I would assume it is nice because it is available.. I might have the guts to do it one day.

So - Apple updates. I don't think I really like where you are going with this. We upgraded the Mac to the new Yosemite OS which makes everything look quite different. The Rocketdock bar has changed for the first time in for as long as I can remember. I prefer the old one myself but change isn't always a bad thing. The overall layout to me looks a lot more childish like.. Crayon colours. Larger text and stuff.. It always felt quite professional to me. Obviously, I don't know the reasons for the changes they made but there were obviously some. It does seem to make the Mac wake up a lot slower than before - maybe it is just a bug. It has also made Safari even slower and more unbearable to use. To quote Amy, it is like Apple's version of Internet Explorer. But IE11 is actually really good by the way.

I have been putting off doing the iOS8 update on my phone because of so many reports of it making the performance dip because it is clearly designed for the iPhone 6 and beyond. A lot of people speculate saying they make it harder to use on the older devices to try and coax you into getting new ones. If there is any truth in that then.. Dang.

My Blog has done pretty well this weekend, I am really please. I obviously haven't posted for the last two days but the it has consistently generated views, about 100 a day. I am feeling quite proud of this little venture of a hobby. I have no plans of stopping any time soon either! In terms of subject areas for the future, my most popular posts are gaming posts and one which I did a long time ago about some Swedish Folklore after watching Pewdiepie play it on YouTube. To date, it is approaching 2,000 views and when the entire blog has just under 18K.. That is saying something. It is something that interests me so I may look into the background of some other folklore. Learning is great, sharing is caring. Blog you later chaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment