Thursday 6 November 2014

Traffic Blues, Pictures and More

Day 493
Hey there, its Thursday night - for me anyway.

Today started off as a bit of a mixed bag.. I turned the Mac on first thing because I wanted to share my blog again this morning as I tend to only share it once a night which isn't exactly readily available. A lot of people I know who read tend to do it next day so.. A fresh link is always handy. I also had a quick browse on Steam to see if there were any new games I fancied that were on offer. Turns out there was so that is nice. It is called Nights of Pen and Paper: +1 Edition. I used to have the game on my phone and it was ported over to the Mac and I thought why not? It was on sale with 66% off so I only paid just under £4 for it. I posted about it before when I did have it on my phone, must have been a while ago now. Just went back to look at the page to get the link found below.. Turns out it is now 75% off so it is even cheaper. Sods law eh?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/231740/

After that, had breakfast and stuff.. Dressed.. In my car and off to work as standard. I got to a round about which usually would mean that I would be parked up at work in about five minutes. Not today. Ten times longer! The traffic was just at a complete stand still, then you have impatient van drivers cutting across from slip rounds on roundabouts cutting you off.. People changing lane last minute which makes all the people in the right line have to wait longer! I had no idea what was going on. Got into Maidstone and one of their digital signs said "delays" which I physically clapped at. Like we didn't notice. I got to work on time as I am on the late shift so I had plenty of time.. But apparently it was because there was a fire alarm at building and they closed a road.
http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/traffic_chaos_in_maidstone_after_building_fire_1_3835543

So what is my picture of the day I hear you say? Well, I didn't have something to take a picture of but I have decided to give you a sneak peak at something. I picked up a pen and the blank drawing pad that I bought before and have started drawing something. I have mentioned the anime Full Metal Alchemist before and how I wanted to draw Alphonse who is a big suit of armour - well here is the start of him. The drawing itself is quite simple but the shading will be interesting as this really helps to shape the curves of the armour and bits. I will put the finished thing up on here at some point obviously. I would put it on my slideshow at the send but I can't for the life of me get back into the account!


Heres the link to the source I am using:
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140311104051/fma/fr/images/6/6b/AlphonseElricAnime.jpg

We got my Dad a custom number plate for his birthday. Sort of. Turns out we just paid for the paperwork and he then had to go and spend more on getting the physical plates. Cheeky if you ask me!

Of course, I have been playing more Isaac. I got a crazy overpowered run with Judas. Obviously, he starts with the highest base damage but then I ended up stacking a load of damage including Magic Mushroom and the Lucky Scab. I also got spectral and piercing shots, turned into Guppy so I was fully mobile.. I also chose to take the Mirror for the boomerang tears which made me have this awesome free flowing mine field around me at all times. Here is a screen shot showing the flies which now are completely free to follow from room to room..


I still have no idea what the Goats Head does. All it says is "He accepts your offering" and by he I can only assume they mean the devil as that is a pretty common offering in the olden days. I am amazed at how smooth this game runs, because it clearly has more contact than the original but it is like a dream. Smooth and fast.

So I am pretty sure a lot of English people who read will have heard about the poppies at the Tower of London on the news etc. I am not too sure about other readers across the globe. For those of you who don't know, they have made over 800,000 poppies which are now being slowly placed one by one outside the Tower of London. The final one is due to be placed on Tuesday for remembered day, but by the sounds of it would be due to come down nearly straight away. There is now an online petition to keep them there for longer because people from all over the country and also internationally to see them. The Guardian have an interesting map which would show how much land would be covered by the poppies if they included all deaths, not just those of the British and colonial soldiers. It is amazing to look at but when you think about what it really means; quite depressing. Especially when you look at this and know that we live the way we are today thanks to all those people who fought for us.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/06/-sp-what-would-the-tower-of-london-poppy-exhibition-look-like-if-it-included-global-not-just-uk-war-dead

Well thanks for reading. I think I am going to play some more Isaac, then maybe jump into the new game and get the ball rolling. I am so happy that the Steam achievements work on this Isaac, I never had anything to show for the hours I put into the other one! Blog you later chaps and chapesses!

No comments:

Post a Comment