Sunday 12 May 2013

Been a while?

It has been a couple of days since I was talking to you on here. Just been quite busy or tired. That's just the way it works out sometimes! I'm here now though, so get comfy and plonk your reading glasses on.

I would like to say I've had a pretty good weekend. I'm going to start with Friday but this weekend has been different. Met new people, been to a new place and stuff. Friday first though.

Popped Amy to school and then I came in and thought, what shall I do right now? I'll be honest, I can't entirely remember what I did that morning but it passed the time to lunch. I'm pretty sure I watched some Lost but that's all I would appear to do. For lunch I used up the remaining bacon and some of mushrooms from Thursday night to make a lovely bacon, mushroom and cheese bagel. Have a look at this lovely bits to eat.


Only took a couple of minutes to make and used up the spares. Wins all around!

Had work in the evening which is what it is.. Was crazy busy compared to usual. Apparently the shop is busier on a Friday than a Saturday now which is odd but believable. 

So, Saturday! Once again, all around the houses me and Amy went. First we went to Bluewater because free parking is awesome. For once the signs weren't lying, there really were over 1000 spaces available in the place we parked! I swear usually they'll say there is a load of free space and in reality there is one space that everyone will hunt down. In the end you stalk people walking back to their cars to nab their space. Whenever I do this they just walk to the car, drop bags off and head back to the shop! Like they need to spend more money. We had a walk around there for a couple of hours and then headed to Maidstone. Had a look around the shops there, Amy got me a new shirt for £2.50 from Primark which I changed into in my car. We were out for dinner and this seemed more appropriate than a Smurf jumper as much as I love it!

It was Amy's Grandad's 78th birthday on Friday and the birthday meal was on Saturday. We went to the Harvester in Maidstone which has gone the thinnest parking spaces ever. One of the only times I would envy a smart car. These days it would appear than casual dining restaurants to not do bookings. They just tell you to ring half hour in advance to allow them to prepare a table. We did this but still ended up waiting an hour after getting there! I had a 7oz gammon steak with butter peas, chips, grilled tomato and two pineapple rings. Only £6.99! Everything was gone apart from the tomato. Can't stand the things! For pudding me and Amy shared a munchies ice cream sundae which was really good. The bottom was a warm chocolate brownie. If you are a member of The Harvester you get a free ice cream sundae on your birthday! I think I need to join! 

After this we then headed out to Tonbridge with a Mr Tate and his girlfriend to meet her friends for the first time. We went to a Wetherspoons which was amazing. The ceilings were tall, there was plent of seats, a huge TV and a bar long enough that you'll get served pretty quickly even at the busy part of the evening. I had two brothers strawberry ciders as they are blooming lovely. I shan't name and names as they probably have no clue that I am even blogging around the subject of meeting them. Was a good evening though. 

As for today, me and Amy enjoyed some time relaxing. We then went to Tesco to get some bits and bobs, Sundays are much more relaxed in shops. You can see the floor rather than rushing feet and trolley wheels. We also had a Costa ice blast thingy. We used to have them all the time but we sort of just stopped.. So we thought we would relive them today. They had changed some of the flavours I'm sure but I went with Belgium chocolate and Amy had sticky toffee. They were both lovely bu I'm pretty sure they taste a lot better once they've had plenty of time to melt. Lets the sauce really get everywhere. I also had work today which is what it is.. Yeah.

For some cat snaps to show you!

 
Our neighbour is having some gardening work done, and my cat doesn't like the noises of mowers at the best of times. But this gardener has a dog that comes with him everywhere too! Bad times for the cat. Hence why I found him being really macho and protecting his land from in between the chairs. He actually does look quite scared. Bleh.


And this one is how we managed to tempt him out of that space. Some meet with a teddy bear shape and face. He did seem to enjoy ripping that to shreds. Was quite depressing yet funny at the same time. 

So I just thought I would throw this new app out there. Snapchat? You can send pics and vids through the app which delete after 10 seconds of being viewed. Surely you can just screenshot!? It sounds like an interesting app but I'm pretty sure it would use up your Internet allowance like no ones business. I have trust issues with mine so I probably won't be using this app. I can see it being really good as long as its kept clean but.. As with any photo sharing we know that probably won't happen!

That is all for today. I hope this longer post has made up for missing the last two days. Feels good to really get my teeth into a long one like this after a while. Hope you feel the same and enjoy it too. Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment