Monday 6 May 2013

Wells

Not the water type. Tunbridge Wells. That's where I went today.

So in the last 3 days we've been to Lakeside, Maidstone, Bluewater, Tunbridge Wells and technically Tonbridge as we had to drive through it. That is some mileage covered. To be fair a lot of it is to help get used to the car which I now very much enjoy driving, but it was quite strange to realise the difference in stock in different places. Each shop of the same brand was different and sold different things. I know that probably isn't all that shocking but I just assumed they all got the same lines of clothing or whatever to sell at the same time. Turns out I was wrong!

Before all this happened, Amy was brushing her teeth when she called me into the bathroom. She pointed at the cup and I though spider. I with it was now. Massive wasp just chilling in the cup like nothing was odd about it. Luckily it seemed pretty dazed and didn't move at all as I carried the cup down stairs and outside to fling it onto the garden. It didn't fly away or anything. Pretty sure it wasn't dead anyway..

Hadn't been to Tunbridge Wells for a while before today and I think it's about the same distance away as Maidstone. Took about 40 minutes to get there thanks to the bank holiday madness, and then when we did get there the road to the car park I usually use was shut. Luckily we found another one which was dirt cheap, £1.30 for 3 hours. Only thing was it was about 15 minutes from the main high street at the top of a steep hill. All good for the body none the less.

We were on the hunt for Ray Bans, not necessarily to buy which we didn't but.. More to get the feel of the sizes. All the sites online say small medium or large frame which doesn't mean a lot to you unless you try them on. Turns out that quite a few shops had Ray Bans in them, cheapest pair was saw was about £44 and they were on offer maybe because they weren't the most attractive ones. What's pretty crazy is that Ray Bans are some of the cheapest sun glasses, other from labels like Dior and Channel cost up to £500! I don't think I would want £500 on my face, it's always on show.

Had a subway for lunch - Italian BMT with cheese, green peppers, red onions and gherkins. So dam tasty! I usually got for the meatball marianna but today I felt like something different. The BMT is just sliced meat. Lots of it. Amy went for a spicy Italian which looked rather nice but I've never tried it. I e also never tried any of their sauces, she chose the sweet onion one. Maybe I should broaden my taste buds to these new things next time.

I really like reversing in my car. Seems a hell of a lot easier. Also, it doesn't feel like driving because the seat is huge. Comfortableness. That's even a real word.

So the Coop has got a load of new summery chicken stuff in on offer and me and Amy tried some today. We have the chicken legs and thighs in a BBQ marinade. Half hour on gas mark 5, then om nom nom. They were rather tasty I must admit but there was a lot of bone for the amount of meat you got. We also got some sweet chicken skewers which we are going to try at another point in the week or it would've been to much to eat in one go!

WE WENT FOR A WALK!

Not a long one. Just fancied the lovely weather being poured over us. We got a slush puppy from Nisa/BG Stores etc. to accompany us. If you ask someone their favourite flavour they usually say the colour rather than the actual flavour. At least that's what I've noticed. In Lakeside, there was a sweet shop with an entire wall dedicated to slush puppies. 8 machines with 6 flavours. I wanted to try all the pretty colours!

Still listening to Bastille. Going strong.

Today's pictures!

The first was of an add in the shop window of a news agents in BG high street. A very clever advert but there are literally no details so this person must be paying to have their card in the window for now business income. Not worth it to me but I guess if someone manages to get the right numbers the I'll be a believer.

The second is a very old photo from another visit to T Wells, we stopped off and got a hot chocolate because it was pretty nippy! Whipped cream always makes things better. We used to drink at coffee shops loads, but now £4 for a drink it a tad expensive!

That is all for today! Sorry for any grammar, quite tired so I'm heading to bed like.. Now? I'll check it over tomorrow maybe.. Hope you had a good bank holiday! Blog you later.



No comments:

Post a Comment