Sunday 5 May 2013

Mexican Saturday?

So as I predicted, I didn't manage to get around to doing a blog yesterday night as I was at a friends house. I'm doing one today instead as I thought I should.

So Mexican Saturday, what is that I hear you ask? Well obviously I mentioned that we were heading to Lakeside, turns out I didn't drive. Tate did as the navigation in his car was a bit better than just using a phone all the way there and back. He also has a very nice comfy tinted car which means I can watch people's driving habits without feeling awkward. Lots of people think looking at their crutch while driving is natural. We know you are looking at your phones! One of the main reasons we wanted to go - well for me and Amy at least - was to try Taco Bell. Fast food Mexican! I wouldn't at any stretch say it is worth all the hassle of getting there just for the Taco Bell but it was so good. I can't remember what the thing I had was called, it was like a hexagon shaped fajita with chicken and sauces and salad and taco shell. All in one. So tasty. There's a picture of it down the bottom! If you are at Lakeside I would recommend you try it. Pretty cheap as well.

After that we headed back to Kent for a Kinect night at Mr Tate's house. His friend also joined us who we had never met before so that was great. Always nice to meet new people! For tea there we had fajitas which is why I went for Mexican Saturday. Also known as a stomach churner. We also had angel delight with rice crispies which I haven't had in ages! Butterscotch and strawberry flavour. Om nom nom. We also played the Kinect for once which was a strange revolution for us! Usually it sits in the bag for most of the evening we got sporty.

Just explain the second photo now before I forget. I found that half peeled banana sitting in my house. Not until I spoke to my mum did I know why. Turns out she started peeling the decided to do something else before finishing peeling and eating. Food is always first for me. Just saying.

Today me and Amy went around the houses to Maidstone and then to Bluewater. It would appear that Penelope is pretty efficient on the fuel consumption so this worked out as a pretty good test as well as something to do. I was surprised how busy the shops were for a Sunday but we thought it would be less busy than tomorrow - bank holiday madness! We also ran into an old friend in Bluewater where she now works. We hadn't seen her for at least a year I would assume. Crazy how the time flies! Amy got some new black shoes for school and a swatch which is very nice and purple. I took a fancy to a watch costing £105 so I thought I would leave that.. Did get a bubble gum air freshened spray for the car though. Close enough?

Bastille are a really good band. Amy got the album today as well for something to listen to in the car. It's called Bad Blood and I would highly recommend it. I think we easily listened to it three times over already. It is staying in the CD player for a while now.

So what are your plans for the bank holiday? I'm thinking of heading south for a change to Tonbridge or Royal Tunbridge Wells. We shall see where the mood takes me in the mornings I hope you have a nice day, should be nice and hot apparently so get out and fan - safely mind you. Don't cook yourself with baby oil! Blog you later.



No comments:

Post a Comment