Monday 8 July 2013

Monday and a film review

It's Monday. For another hour or so. Lets get typing.

So, today started off as normal. You must be waiting to read this bit and something different happened but no - not today. That early in the morning the flow of creative juices is shut so, they're all pretty similar. So as I took Amy over to her school, I was thinking it wasn't going to be awfully hot but by golly I was wrong. I'm very glad to have a fan which I can just blast at my face for short term relief.

Just a warning.. This post will probably contain some spoilers for someone so be careful what you read. If it sounds like you'll know something after reading it which you don't want to know - skip it. Preserve the experience!

The first thing I did was finish Dead Space 3, must say.. I am very impressed by it all. I know I've complained about the change in gameplay to create a game more for coop play but the ending was very good. Here's the spoilers - I was convinced Isaac was dead but I always wait through the credits, especially with Dead Space games as they like to hide little snippets at the end. He's not dead. Oh no; somehow he survived. I don't think this means Dead Space 4 because this one pretty much closed the story line and what not.. Maybe they were leaving it open for your imagination. I mean I'd like to think that Ellie finds him and they zoom off into space but.. I think they're intended idea was to basically tell you that Isaac ends up dying alone; knowing he's just saved everyone. Knowing he just got Ellie to leave. Who knows? That's the beauty of an open ended story.

I then went and did a couple of chores, sent something off at the post office and some mince for tea. It was a nice day for a walk plus I didn't want to get trapped behind the bin men as they were on my road at this point. Didn't want to get in their way either, they have a job to do. I ended up quite enjoying watching little yappy dogs having a woof at each other so - hey hey. All's well that ends well.

When I got in I tried to find the men's final on the iPlayer app but I couldn't find it. All the other matches have been in the same place so I assumed it wasn't uploaded. Amy pointed out to me that it is on there in a different section making me feel silly about half hour ago so - I think I'll watch the whole thing through again tomorrow. It was a great match so that's fine by me.

I then went on to play some Halo Anniversary again because there's a tonne of achievement I could get from that. It's really nice to go right back to the beginning of the franchise with this game because they haven't changed anything apart from giving you shiny new graphics to choose between. It's also strange to think that this game was the springboard for another 6 or so games.

Here's the film review for you peeps as the next thing I did was watch a film.. Yeah.

I watched 'Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World' and I must admit I was very surprised. It was advertised and is described as a comedy primarily and with the cast you would assume it to be. Honestly, yes, some of it was funny - not laugh out loud funny but it will make you smile. I think this would have done a lot better if portrayed as a rom-com because I honestly think that's what it is.

Here's the general idea of the story, with a lot of spoilers so skip this bit if you want to watch and judge for yourself. So the Earth is going to be destroyed by a massive meteor and no one can do anything about it. The main character - Dodge - has his wife run off on him to spend the end of her days away from him. He then by chance meets Penny who lives downstairs and they end up going on a strange journey to find his highs school sweetheart and a way for her to get to her family. What ends up happening is that they fall in love with each other, enjoy what time they have left and Dodge makes up with his father while he still has time - who owns a plane who can get her to her family. It's only a two seated though. Gallantly Dodge puts her on the plane and sends them off to find her family and goes home to spend his last days with a dog called Sorry. She comes back and they are happy and scared. Then everyone dies - strange ending but that's how it all went down.

I really quite enjoyed this film, I remember thinking it looked god in the cinema but something's are just better to wait for DVD or on demand services like LoveFilm. I would definitely recommend giving it a watch, it's rated 4/5 stars I think so people agree with me. It did get me really thinking about what would happen if the government knew the world was going to end. I'm pretty sure they would just let everyone to about their lives and not tell anyone. Save all the panic. It then got me thinking what would I do with my last days. It is really hard to try and even think of somewhere to start I can assure you.

So after that, it was time to pick up Amy thankfully, I like my evenings with her. It's Monday and we are getting into the old habit of having spaghetti again which I am fine with! We had that smooth sauce again which today really reminded me of tomato soup. I haven't had soup in ages. I like oxtail. I remember trying some of dads when I was young and not believing what it was when he told me. Tail.

We spent a lot of the evening fighting for attention from the fan because he's everyone's best friend now. We also watched the Gadget Show and they had some crazy stuff. I can't imagine being the person who wins their prizes because there's just so much stuff! I'm pretty sure you would sell most of it just because it would be more effort than its worth to switch everything around. Like mobiles, I'm on a contract so I'd have to buy out to use a different phone and then pay monthly again! Wouldn't turn it down though. Gimme your cool stuffs. And yes - 90210 was on. Shabang.

That's my day - I hope you were vaguely interested in my life for at least a moment. I have a goatee after all. Blog you later!

Day 8
Pudding! I forgot to take a picture of it before I started licking it but.. It's close enough. We wanted one because it seems to be quite a rare occasion where there is an ice cream man and change in our possession. Now there's a 99 in my tummy and £1 in his pot. Worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment