Monday 1 July 2013

BBQ

So here is the post I said about doing which covers Saturday. Had a pretty busy day which as you can probably tell, ended with a BBQ.

First off we headed to Maidstone, by we I mean me, Amy, Mr Tate and Mr Cox. I call them that as they are both called Tom and you might get confused thinking of SatNavs. Amy wanted to go and see if she could find a summery dress to wear and to get some bits for other people. I also got some bits for other people - I found a bag in Super Dry which I quite liked but £40 at the moment would rather keep warm in my bank account. Plus I have no use for it at the moment.. It would just sit in my room looking pretty. 

We had a Maccy D's for lunch and Any got a happy meal expecting to get a minion toy from it, hoping for a new addition for my cars dashboard. She got a Croods toy. Everyone else in that we could see had a minion! So she swapped it. If its Despicable Me on the box, it should be in the box. Hell yeah.

The we went to Sainsbury's in Aylesford because we had nothing to actually cook on the BBQ.. Which would have made it a bit boring. We'd just be using it to keep warm. There was nothing really all that good there to be honest - good value on the drinks side to get some fizzy pop that was non alcoholic for whoever didn't want it or was driving. So we headed to Tesco's because we knew they ha a whole selection just for BBQ's. It was also very cheap, £2 a bag or 3 for £5. That sorted us, and it all turned out to be pretty tasty too so frozen BBQ food is the way to go. 

Me and Amy then popped over to the Sainsbury's in Sevenoaks as we knew there was a nice dress there which she liked. It's green and flowery and lovely and summery. Then after that it was just a case if waiting for people to come!

I won't give you a step by step of the BBQ because you can get the general idea of it - cooking and drinking and chatting and laughing. All in all about 14 people including me. Cooked about 20 burgers, 15 sausages, an onion and a steak. So far everyone is okay so I am going to say that my cooking has vastly improved since last year where I was serving half cold food.. But that was a while ago. The first steak I ever cooked was on a BBQ and apparently it was mighty fine.

I won't put any pictures on because I don't know if everyone there would mind or not so.. I will give you a picture of my car enjoying his wood chippings. Blog you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment