Sunday 7 July 2013

Weekend!

Hello, it's time for my post about my weekend. I guess you have already guessed that by the title of the post or what I posted/tweeted. Quite a formal introduction if I do say so myself!

I think I would say that we were quite productive this weekend. Usually we are quite lazy but we were out and about both days. 

Saturday we went over to Bluewater hoping that most people will be out enjoying the weather so it wouldn't be too busy. Turns out we were right as we even managed to get a parking space right up close to the entrance. Had a nice walk around, didn't find anything I liked because I have the fashion sense of a kangaroo. Amy got a new diary and some pins with tiny turtles on then. Pretty cute. 

When we got back, we caught the end of the women's final for Wimbledon. Lisicki really wasn't playing all that well and it didn't help that the other girl was playing the best tennis she'd ever played! It was over very quickly, 6-1 6-4 but.. Still a good match to watch. It was just a shame that a lot of people were saying that Lisicki lost rather than the other girl winning. I can't remember her name for the life of me. 

After that we headed to Homebase to get a new gas cylinder for the BBQ because we exhausted it last weekend. We decided to do a mini BBQ for me, Amy and my parents as we had some stuff left over in the freezer. I know it sounds a little big headed but I have got a lot better at cooking, from serving cold food last year to well cooked stuff this year. Practice makes perfect! No where near perfect. For those of you who saw my post yesterday you'll know what I am on about because I posted a picture of the food for my daily picture.

I guess we lazed around a little bit in the evening but it was so hot and humid I think most people did. I played some more Dead Space 3, pretty convinced I've almost competed that now but there's so many more achievements I need so that'll keep me occupied for a while. I'm looking at getting Dragons Dogma so if anyone has it and wants to tell me if its any good then.. Have at it. I got the idea from someone I'm subscribed to who I generally share the same taste in games with. Can get it brand new with the expansion for £18 in Sainsbury's so - maybe.

Today we were up and ready to go by about 10 to make sure we could go out but be back with plenty of time for the tennis. I'm sure most of you know what happened by now so I will say it.. Murray won. Yay!

We went to Maidstone, Amy got some new shoes and I was browsing the game shops to see if there was something I could pick up on the cheap. I am at the position where I really would quite like a new game to play so.. Hence my interest in Dragons Dogma. Once again, it was nice and quiet in Maidstone but there was a lot of traffic probably due to the Race For Life which my sister did - I'd like to say a massive well done to her. 

Then we headed to Tesco's as Amy needed a couple of things to take to school with her. I think it may have been the fullest I've seen the car park in ages. Didn't seem to be that many people shopping which is what didn't make sense.

Once we were back from our adventures we went to Amy's to watch he tennis so that there would be no interruptions when I left for work at 5. That sucked because I missed watching him win but fortunately it's already up on iPlayer for me to watch tomorrow. What I did see was amazing, so many rallies over 20 shots long. Djokovic was on form compared to what he usually is.. Maybe it was the year or the massive semi final against Del Potro but that doesn't take away from the high quality game Murray was playing. I think that is the best I've ever seen him play. Congratulations to him.

Everyone's been saying that they are proud to be British and what not because Murray won - but to be fair we should just be proud of Murray representing us. We shouldn't be proud just when he wins because that doesn't change the fact that he is ranked number 2 in the world! Out of 7 billion people he is number 2, I'd say that's worth more of our pride and support than winning Wimbledon. That's the icing on the cake. Just my views. Doesn't count as a rant does it? I'm really going to miss Wimbledon, wish there was more tennis on to watch during the year. I think the next lot will be the ATP tour at the O2 arena later in the year for us non Sky viewers.

Thanks for reading this post, my blog has been hitting 60-70 views a day all week which is really amazing. I appreciate it all! Blog you later.

Day 7
Here's a lovely snap of me showing my support wearing the food up hat from The Sun newspaper. It's one of the only hats I've worn that fits my head properly and it was a folded up piece of paper. I have a large head.. Obviously Amy took this one as well because my arms are crossed. Or I am telekinetic. Deal with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment