Sunday 28 July 2013

Thorpe Park

I am on the netbook at the moment and I can't remember what font I usually use so this may look all whacky.. 

I thought I would do some typing today as I know a lot of my recent posts have basically just pictures and that is because I have actually been quite busy and then sleeping loads. In this post I would like to talk about our trip to Thorpe Park because it was a really good experience and I hadn't been on a lot of the rides until this visit so.. A lot of first impressions!

There were 11 of us in total so it was that awkward number where you needed 3 cars. We thought a mini bus would have been epic but you need to be 21 to drive one of them.. And then someone would have had to actually drive it so. I drove and it wasn't too bad as everyone had been saying that we'll get stuck in traffic. We did a little bit but we still made it in time that the park literally opened as we all got through the gate. Well first we had to pick up our annual passes, me and Amy both got one through my union which gave us a nice discount. They took our pictures with a little webcam to put on the passes which was strange but.. It makes sense. 

The first ride we went on was Saw and I really wasn't looking forward to it because I know there is that like reverse drop bit and I knew it would make my tummy lurch. I was right, and all the drops that you can't see in the dark bit. LURCH. I found there was always that horrible feeling when you are queuing to go on a ride you've never been on before because you have no idea what to expect. The only thing I found a little strange about the Saw ride is that the whole Saw franchise is an 18 and over thing so.. I guess they can't apply the age thing to rides. Just height.

The rest of this probably won't be in order because I can't remember the exact order or which rides we went on but obviously the best ones will stick in my head.

And we went on the banana boat because we are awesome.

I remember the last ride we went on, that was Stealth - I put the picture of the keyring I got from it up on here the other day. We ran to the queue for Stealth so that we could get on before the ride shut. I remember being next in line and looking at how quick the ride accelerates from stand still and thinking 'why am I doing this?' The first bit of speed really caught me off guard and knocked all the air out of me and I got off a little light headed. The 200 foot drop bit wasn't so bad I found because I could see where I was going. I couldn't by the picture very well because I couldn't think straight having no oxygen in me. 

We all went on Swarm together and I must say I was very impressed with the set of the ride but I didn't really understand the whole point of it having a storyline because its just a ride at the end of the day.. My friend unfortunately lost his iPod on the ride. We went back to look for it later and ended up finding someone else's iPhone and we were surprised that they hadn't said that they'd lost it. Oh well.

I really like Colossus, I remember going on that one before with the corkscrew bit. The bit where everyone seemed to simultaneously bang their heads. Unfortunately my friend had a metal hair band in and that hurt a bit..

I love Nemesis Inferno or any ride in general where your legs are dangling. I remember really liking Vampire where ever that one is. Not really sure why but they don't make me feel funny or anything. 

All the static rides make me feel funny like the giant swing which I think is called Rush, falling towards the ground was a very horrible feeling.. Vortex makes me feel awful but I like to go on it to watch everyone else's faces which they are swinging. I don't even want to know what mine looks like because its probably the same or a lot worse. I'd never been on Samurai because that one seems to have a tendency to breakdown. It was broken the last two times I went. I like the way the seat swings on that one, makes it different every time it would appear. Plus you never go upside down. 

I refuse to ever go on the Detonator again. I've been on it once and I really really really hate it. It's god awful.

The big splashing one which gets everyone wet was broken a lot so some of us didn't really bother with it. The Rumba Rapids were pretty cool. I didn't know it was there but it was fun because half of us got on one boat and the rest were on the one behind us. Somehow they managed to overtake us but.. Meh. We all ended up in the same place.

Thorpe Park is friggin' awesome. We're going to go again soon as we can go as much as we want for a whole year now! Plus we got the £16 drinks capsule which gives unlimited refills for the year too. Freeness. 

I'll leave it there as the there isn't enough time for other bits I want to talk about. Thanks for reading. Blog you later.

Day 28
Here is a picture of a swan and some ducks. Eating bread. Yup.


No comments:

Post a Comment