Thursday 4 July 2013

What's up Thursday?

You'll never guess what - today started as any other day. You expect that. I took Amy to school but an hour later she rang to say she wasn't well!

I went and picked her up, put her to bed and told her to sleep because you get better a hell of a lot quicker. I ended up falling asleep as well for another 3 hours until about half 1.. Then I wanted to watch the tennis.

Today was the women's semi finals and I am still backing Lisicki and for anyone else who's following it, they'll know she is in the finals! Her match against Radwanska was a tough one an went to three sets. The other semi final was nothing more than a walkover for the winner. It was crazy, I think she only dropped a couple of games over all so.. She's going into the final feeling confident but Lisicki loves the centre court. No one predicted this final so it's anyone's for the taking.

Right now I am actually watching Murray's game from Wednesday which was on while I was at work. It's quite nice being able to watch it knowing that Murray is going to win already. I didn't know that the BBC iPlayer uploaded the bride games for you to watch as and when. It means I could watch his semi from tomorrow if I get the time because I know I'll miss that as I'll be at work again! 

I played some random games today.. Because I've just got 100% of what I can get on FF13-2 and Borderlands 2, I thought I would achievement hunt elsewhere. I went for Halo Anniversary first I never finished playing through that. The first Halo was so good! And it's crazy changing from the old style graphics to the remastered HD graphics of Anniversary, really shows you how far technology has come. I then played some Dead Space 3 and I've managed to get back into that, still a little confused by the new gameplay style but.. It's also pretty scary. Keeps me on my toes.

Chicken dippers, waffles and sweetcorn. It was so good. And Amy said she likes her dippers with some Philadelphia? I thought it sounded really strange but I tried it.. And it's actually really good. Try it. I bought a chocolate fudge cake for everyone because I saw it on offer at work and thought it was worth a try. With my discount it was £2.70 and a pretty seven size and its so tasty. Probably terribly unhealthy but it's the little things in life they say. Om nom. 

We watched the end of Skins from Monday today as well and I must say, it seems like a new direction for the program but it works really well. The characters have all grown up and the scenarios and issues have matured with them. When we watched it first, we were younger and enjoyed the rash up randomness of it, but as we have grown up as well, it all fits in. It makes sense. And I am really enjoying it.

So I watched a video from Vsauce again on the Youtubes and it was about what makes things creepy. It was really interesting to find out what causes us to feel the creeps. It's all to do with what our brain associates with being safe and unsafe. Scary things are considered unsafe so we react in defensive ways to them. Creepy things lay in the area in between where something looks safe but has characteristics which don't fit with it. Like a teddy bear with human teeth as shown in the video. I'm not really doing it justice here so if you're interested - go watch that video. It's currently the most recently uploaded video on Vsauce's channel. 

He also went on to mention Stephen Kings ideas of what horror is and he split it into three sections. The grotesque, horror and terror. I might go into that a little more in another post because I find this quite interesting as well as I really enjoying anything by Stephen King.

Thanks for reading today. I shall blog you later.

Day 4
Here is a picture of my cat attacking a chicken dipper. He thought it was still alive because it was slightly warm so it was quite amusing watching him poke and probe at it before feeling safe to eat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment