Wednesday 17 July 2013

Movies

Something a little different today as after I dropped Amy off at school I decided I would watch a film. I thought it would give me something good to talk about on here. I ended up watching 3. LoveFilm is addicting.

So which three did I watch? First I watched Source Code, then Unknown and finally Black Swan.

This post is going to be full of SPOILERS so please skip bits if you don't want to!

Source Code
I remember I wanted to see this when it first came out and never got around to it. Jake Gyllenhaal was the main character who was being sent into the body of a dead mans last eight minutes on a train which was blown up. His mission was to find the bomber and identify him so he could be stopped. Through the course of the film he begins to grow to attached to the woman on the train with him who is actually dead in real life. At the end of the film you discover that Jake's character is also dead, being kept alive on life support after a helicopter crash. He also goes back into the machine and saves everyone on the train before having his life support pulled and created a different reality for himself to live in - a happy ending.

I would recommend this film, all the acting was tremendous, the story was really good and engaging. I thought there would be more action but all of the special effects were really good. I liked that it had a happy ending because throughout the film you begin to feel for Jake's character because he is being forced to die over and over again without really knowing anything. Definitely worth a watch!

Unknown
So in this film, Liam Neeson is a scientist going to a conference. He is in an accident and bumps his head, and then his wife doesn't know him and someone has taken his place. When he tried to prove who he is, assassins try to kill him. With the help of the taxi driver who saved his life, he discovers what was really going on. That he was an assassin and the life he now believes was his cover on a mission. Then he apparently remembers everything but grows a sense of remorse an saves the day. 

It wasn't what I was expecting from a Liam Neeson film. It was good and well done but the whole plot twist at the end was sprung on you very abruptly and was only included in the last part of the film which made it all seem quite convenient. That's just me being critical, it was a good film. I would say watch it. Just felt like the end was rushed a bit.

Black Swan
The story of how an aspiring ballerina lands the lead role in Swan Lake and how she begins to loose her mind under the stress of the role. She starts hallucinating and having a dark alter ego like the Swan Lake story. She begins to loose her connection with her mum while developing a relationship with her boss. In the end she follows the story to the dot by killing herself.

I'd heard lots of ranting and raving about this film and bought it on DVD ages ago. I never bothered to watch it until today. It was amazing. It's not the type of film for everyone because I'd say its more of a psychological thriller. The effect on how she thought she started to become a swan with the feathers sprouting and her legs breaking backwards were crazy. The acting was immaculate and for some reason there seemed to be a lot of.. Explicit scenes which I was really confused by. Some didn't really make sense but it followed the story so.. Make your own judgements. I would definitely recommend watching this film but for those of you who don't like realistic scenes of wounds or self harm may want to look away at some points..

Then I went to work. Ha!

That's all for today, hope you enjoyed. I went film crazy it would appear.. Blog you later.

Day 17
I have mentioned before that I have an Xbox with a custom skin on it that was limited edition at the release of Gears of War 3. I've never actually shown it so I though it would make a good picture for today. It also makes noises when you push the buttons.


1 comment: